Brother Pearse AC (the Club) takes the protection of the data that we hold about you as a member seriously and will do everything possible to ensure that data is collected, stored, processed, maintained, cleansed and retained in accordance with data protection legislation. The Club are committed to protecting your privacy and processing your personal data in accordance with the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1988 up to 24 May 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) on and from 25 May 2018 (Data Protection Legislation). This policy explains how the information we collect about you/your child is used and kept securely. It also explains your privacy choices when using our website as well as your right to access your information under Data Protection Legislation.
1.1. The information we collect about you
We may collect the following information about you through our membership process and our website/social media:
- Your name, email address, postal address and any other information you voluntarily provide to us via our online forms (jotform) for the purpose of registering you as a member of our club or/and entering you/your child in an event that you have chosen to participate in
1.2. How we use your information
We may use your personal information for a number of purposes, including:
- To process and manage your membership
- To register you with Athletics Ireland
- To deal with your requests and enquiries
- To contact you for reasons related to your enquiry
- To notify you about athletic events
- To provide you with training schedules and updates
2. OUR LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
We will process your Athletics Data on the basis of the following legitimate interests:
2.1. To provide selected external providers with a facility to check and validate data to support administrative processes. For example:
Transfer of name and date of birth to check membership validation at point of entry to athletics and running events
2.2. The transfer of registered members from one club to another. You will maintain the same record but the club name associated with the record will change.
2.4 Providing relevant and necessary information via email, text and post to you about the following:
- Club Events
- Changes to rules and regulation
- Updates to advice and guidance relating to specific roles held within this club
- Transactional information relating to club affiliation and transfers athlete registration, representative teams, competition and events, coach and officiating licenses, road race licensing, courses, CPD events and qualifications.
If you become a registered athlete with our club we will share your athletics data with Athletics Ireland to facilitate your membership and as part of the administration of your involvement in the sport.
We will share only what is needed for those purposes and, where possible, will anonymise the data before sharing. If we would like to share your information for any other purpose we will ask for your consent.
When we collect information from you, we will tell you if we would like to send you information about our products and services. We will give you the opportunity to opt in to any such communications and will tell you how you can opt-out at any time.
If we wish to share your data with third parties for marketing purposes, we will tell you about this and only do so if we get your consent. You can opt out at any time either by notifying us.
The club may also share your personal information with An Gardai Siochana and other Statutory Agencies for the purposes of crime prevention, crime detection or the safety of our members.
This is done on a strictly case by case basis and through a tightly controlled process to ensure we comply with Data Protection Legislation.
3. PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to a destination external to Athletics Ireland own secure network. We will not transfer your data outside of the European Economic Area.
4. FINDING OUT WHAT INFORMATION THIS CLUB HOLDS ABOUT YOU
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you can ask to see any personal information that we hold about you. Such requests are called subject access requests. If you would like to make a subject access request, please contact your us. You will also need to provide two forms of identification, for example, driving licence, utility bill or passport and, if appropriate, any particulars about the source or location of the information you are requesting. The club has 30 days to respond to your subject access request.
5. DATA RETENTION
We keep and use your/your child’s personal information for as long as you have a relationship with us. We will hold it for no longer than a period of up to 1 year after you have ceased to have a relationship with us.