Athletics should be safe, fun and conducted in a spirit of fair play.
As Parents, You Should:
- Encourage your child to learn the rules and play within them.
- Discourage unfair play and arguing with officials.
- Help your child to recognise good performance, not just results.
- Never force your child to take part in sport.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play and applauding good performances of all.
- Never punish or belittle a child for losing or making mistakes.
- Publicly accept officials' judgments.
- Support your child's involvement and help them to enjoy their sport.
- Use correct and proper language at all times.
- Encourage and guide performers to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.